[gdlr_heading tag=”h2″ icon=”icon-heart” font_weight=”bold” ]National Federation of Independent Business Hosting Small Business Day, April 10th[/gdlr_heading]
In 2018, Massachusetts small businesses face an unprecedented number of proposals that increase labor costs and impact how you do business. In short, Main Street businesses are being targeted by labor activists and those pushing an agenda that will inhibit your ability to operate your business.
This year alone Massachusetts small businesses potentially face:
– 26 weeks of paid medical leave and 16 weeks of paid family leave (partially employer funded)
– $15 minimum wage
– A 4% income tax surcharge for pass-thru entities (the so-called millionaires tax)
– A newly imposed MassHealth assessment
– Double-digit health care premium increases
– Highest in the nation energy costs
*Registration is free for all Massachusetts small business owners and we strongly encourage you to bring guests!*
The agenda will include guest speakers, an update on key legislation from our expert panel, a chance to provide feedback to key legislators who craft small business related legislation, and a chance to meet with your elected officials. Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. with program to follow shortly after.
[gdlr_button href=”https://engage.nfib.org/events/8c47acaa-f1f4-402c-b746-5a741b7de465/register” target=”_self” size=”medium” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff”]REGISTER[/gdlr_button]